This time of year our family is usually in full harvest mode harvesting our corn and soybean crop to ultimately feed our pigs. However, the combine has not moved on our farm since Monday night as the rain that we needed all summer arrived on Tuesday and didn't leave until last night. After it was all said it done, we got 3 inches of rain this week which means it will be a few more days until the combine is back in the fields.
The bright side of the cold, windy, rainy weather we had this week is that today was an absolutely beautiful fall day and tomorrow looks like it will be the same. For me, I'm hoping this is a sign that harvest will be back on track soon. Additionally, I'm taking this sign a little farther.
My Aunt S who was diagnosed with leukemia earlier this summer had a bone marrow transplant 4 weeks ago. She came home from the hospital a week and a half ago which was well ahead of schedule and all appeared to be going well until this week. Wednesday night she was readmitted to the hospital with some side effects that the doctors are still trying to diagnose. When she was admitted on Wednesday, the prognosis looked potentially grim, but it is starting to sound a little better today. We are still waiting on all the test results and only time will tell, but I'm taking today's beautiful weather as a sign that she is going to be OK. So I'm asking for all of your prayers and thoughts for my Aunt S as that's really all I can do as it is out of my control.