Garlic Pork Stir-Fry is an easy recipe that is an ideal freezer meal that requires no cooking prior to freezing and only a few steps after thawing to create the perfect meal full of flavor.
Are you a fan of freezer cooking? I must admit I've never done freezer cooking on my own, but anytime a group of my friends suggests we should get together to do one... I'm game. I love doing them as a group because usually that means you pick one recipe and make it multiple times to share one batch with each person in attendance. This also means that you get to go home with many different recipes to try. If you are ready to try some freezer cooking on your own or with some of your friends, be sure to check out these amazing tips for freezer cooking.
Last week, I was lucky enough to participate in the Indiana's Family of Farmers Freezing Cooking Party with 7 of my friends. So I made 8 batches of Garlic Pork Stir-Fry in the course of a couple of hours and came home with 8 meals for my freezer including one batch of my own Garlic Pork Stir-Fry. I'm so excited to have all of these meals waiting for us to eat in our freezer. With a little bit of thawing and a little prep work, dinner will be on the table in no time which is exactly what we need at this pigpen.
In theory winter is supposed to give us a little bit of a break around the farm, but it seems like there is always something to be done from the daily chores of feeding and taking care of the pigs, to working on equipment or making repairs , to catching up on computer and paperwork. Now, we love the farm and ultimately wouldn't have it any other way, but with the farm and the busy lives our kids lead with two currently playing basketball amongst other activities, having a yummy meal on the dinner table that everyone will like with limited prep work is the way to my heart and ultimately our stomachs.
So whether making it as a freezer meal or from fresh ingredients, Garlic Pork Stir -Fry is the perfect meal for this pig farming family as we love finding new and unique ways to incorporate pork into our meals.
Garlic Pork Stir Fry
Ingredients for 2 batches
- 3 to 4 pounds pork loin
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Rinse and time loin as desired.
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes and divide evenly between two 1-quart freezer bags and seal.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- Divide the sauce evenly between two 1-quart freezer bags.
- Measure 2 teaspoons of garlic and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper into each of the two bags and seal the bags.
- Once the onions and bell peppers are chopped, divide them evenly into two 1-quart freezer bags and seal the bags.
- Place on bag of pork, one bag of sauce, and one bag of peppers and onions into a gallon-size freezer bag and seal. Repeat with the remaining 3 bags.
- To prepare the meal fresh or after freezing, completely thaw one entree (one gallon-size freezer bag) in the fridge.
- Pour off and discard any liquid from the bag of pork.
- Add 1/2 cup cornstarch to the bag, seal, and shake to coat the pork.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and stir-fry until cooked, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add vegetables and sauce.
- Stir-fry until vegetables are tender and crisp about 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice, if desired.